I graduated from La Salle Bajío in León Mexico with a degree in architecture. I also have a Master in Robotics and Advanced Construction from IAAC in Barcelona. This master specializes in new technologies for design and digital manufacturing in the architecture and construction industry. I have been involved in the DIY/Maker movement since 2011 when I started using 3D printing to make architectural models, eventually I assembled a 3D printer which lead me to co-found MakerMex (2012) the first Mexican company to develop and manufacture 3D printers. I directed operations and projects in MakerMex from 2012 - 2020.
- Digital design (3D modeling)
- Parametric & generative design
- Digital Manufacturing
IAAC MRAC projects:
- AR Laser Projector
- Construction Robotic Assistant
- An exploration on double-curved wooden panel fabrication
- Path correction and obstacle detection for 3D printing
- Plastic (pellet) Injection Tool
- Mini Maker Faire Bajío (Lead Organizer)
- MakerSCAD sales, operations, documentation, marketing and support.
- Creative problem solving
- Team and project managing
- Strategic thinking
- Web design (HTML/CSS)
- Image Editing software (Photoshop / GIMP)
- Vector graphics (Illustrator)
- ERP/CRM usage and implementation
- Digital Fabrication
- 3D Printing (FDM, SLA, DLP)
- CNC 3 and 5 axis
- Robot control (Rhino + KUKA PRC/Robots)
- First place CONCYTEG innovation price in small/medium business category.
- MIT Innovators under 35 México 2016
- Successfully leaded the funding off MM1 project in Kickstarter.
- MakerMex sold over 1000 printers.
- Over 5000 people has taken one of our workshops.
- Maker Faire Bay Area 2017 “Best in Class Red Ribbon”